gouache, watercolor, and acrylic on paper with collage, graphite, colored pencil, and charcoal, 22" x 30"


Collaborative Project for Comics and Fiber class

(detail of the embroidery on my flag)

This project was about working together but also coming at our project from opposite directions. We decided to create flags for ourselves that were opposites but also followed the same rules. We started with raw muslin and decided on a completed size. Bennet (my partner) dyed hers black and worked into it using reverse applique, and I bleached mine white and added on to it with embroidery and applique. They reveal an organic central motif in both that was both intentional and accidental. It ended up looking like the "Houses" of Bennet and Drew, and the critique went well.

Flags, 2' x 3', embroidery and applique on cotton. (They are installed in one of our critique rooms.)


One I just finished today

It's gouache, acrylic, watercolor, collage, colored pencils, and charcoal on paper, 22" x 30". This looks completely different in real life. It has way more dimension and you can see all these weird details and things popping up from the paper.


I found this in my closet

I think I painted this a few years ago. It's collage and acrylic on canvas, 20" x 25ish I think.


New Flower Painting

I tried to combine my flower paintings and my drawings and came up with this.

22" x 30". Gouche, graphite, watercolor, acrylic, and collage on paper.